Familiarity with GNU/Linux command lines, and familiarity
with basic programming concepts is helpful. While this is not
a programming introduction, it explains (or at least tries) many
This document tries to be useful in the following situations
- You have an idea about programming and you want to start
coding some shell scripts.
- You have a vague idea about shell programming and want
some sort of reference.
- You want to see some shell scripts and some comments to
start writing your own
- You are migrating from DOS/Windows (or already did)
and want to make "batch" processes.
- You are a complete nerd and read every how-to available