- version 3.0 (August, 1998)
- Additions to list of supported hardware.
- New section about differences between ftape versions.
- Pointers to the Ftape-FAQ and the Ftape manual.
- Updated to ftape-4.02.
- Additions to the FAQ.
- Update all URLs.
- version 2.0 (March 15, 1997)
- Updated to ftape v2.11 and v3.xx
- Lots of updates.
- version 1.9 (September 20, 1996)
- New maintainers of ftape and the HOWTO.
- A few minor formatting and spelling fixes.
- Updated for Linux v2.0.
- Started to integrate some of Andrew Martin's ftape info.
- version 1.8 (May 22, 1996)
- Copyright policy changed to GNU GPL v2
- The maintainer's email address has changed.
- Updated to ftape-2.08
ftape is now a part of the kernel distribution.
- version 1.7.1 (February 13, 1996)
- version 1.7 (January 28, 1996)
- Updated to ftape-2.06 and modules-1.3.57
- version 1.6.2 (January 23, 1996)
- Connor TST3200R drive added
- Updated 2Mbps fdc information.
- version 1.6.1 (January 16, 1996)
- version 1.6 (January 10, 1996)
- New maintainer of
- updated to v2.05
- added new drives