In this section, you'll find more information on additional utilities or ideas for making a VCR
work under Linux.
We need a wrapper program that provides us with the ability to do the following things (from a main menu)
- Archive recorded shows to CDR/CDRW/DVDRAM
- Play Recorded shows (From hard disk or prompt for the media!)
- Set record times for recording shows - use tvguide.com as a source for showtimes. A program
that accesses tvguide.com for showtimes is:
tvguide.com perl program
- Be fully configurable to used preferred recorder/player.
Kvdr as a possible place to start.
- Serge Wroclawski - 200mhz CPU is not fast enough.
- Brian Hayward - 900mhz Duron is fast enough.
- Brian Hayward - 875mhz Duron is fast enough.
- Stephen Moore - 500mhz Celeron CPU is not fast enough.