Next: 10.3 Terminal I/O
Up: 10.2 Signal handling
Previous: 10.2.3 signal under Linux
Linux supports nearly every signal provided by SVR4, BSD, and POSIX,
with few exceptions:
- SIGEMT is not supported; it corresponds to a hardware fault
under SVR4 and BSD.
- SIGINFO is not supported; it is used for keyboard information
requests under SVR4.
- SIGSYS is not supported; it refers to an invalid system call
in SVR4 and BSD. If you link with libbsd, this signal is redefined
- SIGABRT and SIGIOT are identical.
- SIGIO, SIGPOLL, and SIGURG are identical.
- SIGBUS is defined as SIGUNUSED. Technically there is
no ``bus error'' in the Linux environment.
Fri Mar 29 14:43:04 EST 1996