Re: linuxdoc.org: copyright and Manifesto

On Sat, Sep 18, 1999 at 07:41:26AM -0700, {poet} wrote:
> Personally I still think it is stupid that we allow LICENSING of
> documentation. The GPL is not a documentation license. People have
> stated that it will work for documentation, this may be true but it is
> still a little backwards..

We asked RMS to write a DGPL, it will be ready in a near future.

I think we should prefer it to any other license.

However, each author would be free to choose any other license, we could
just recommand DGPL.

--
Guylhem Aznar, Linux Documentation Project leader: http://www.linuxdoc.org
               Clef PGP/PGP key:    http://oeil.qc.ca/~guylhem