Re: Draft-1 Manifesto (revised)

On Tue, Oct 19, 1999 at 11:19:41PM -0700, David Lawyer wrote:

> DRAFT-1 LDP MANIFESTO
> Original was DRAFT-0.  Thanks to David Wheeler for his comments.  This
> text version will be redone as a sgml document and have a few links.
> This draft is a major revision which would replace the previous
> revision of Sept. 1998.

David,
I'd intended to give this a more thorough reading, but I sense a
hope for pace, so I'll give you my comments now based on a quick
read and if I think of anything else later will let you know.

> + CURRENT PROJECTS AND GETTING INVOLVED

I'd like to see this section moved into an appendix. This is likely
to change at a much faster rate than the rest of the manifesto.
I'd not like us to have be considering a modification to the Manifesto
just because we want to update current projects, or details change
for how people get involved.

I'd make it an appendix A, and refer to it from within the main body
of the Manifesto. Something like:

"Appendix A describes the activities that are the current focus of the
LDP and how you can become involved."

	Appendix A. CURRENT LDP PROJECTS AND GETTING INVOLVED

> + LDP WEBSITES

I'd like to see the same happen for both of these for the same reason.

	Appendix B. LDP RESOURCES

While I personally still don't much like the "spirit of" clause in the
boilerplate license, all else looks just fine.

thanks
Terry

--
terry@albert.animats.net, terry@linux.org.au