Re: Informal survey (was Re: Banner ads)

On 24 Oct, Guylhem Aznar wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 23, 1999 at 05:07:41PM -0400, Donnie Barnes wrote:
>> Sometimes there needs to be a trouble maker.  I agree completely with
>> Jim's sentiment as well as Kendall's.  This "core team" business is
>> silly.  Marketing the LDP is silly.
>
> And ignoring the power of marketing is just as silly.

It's ridiculous to think we're not already exploiting the power of
marketing. Go to any web search engine and search for the phrase
"Linux Documentation" and see what you get returned. Open any Linux
Distribution and there are the works of the LDP.

Do you want the LDP known better than Linux?

If we do anything publicly it should be about encouraging keen and
enthusiastic people to *work with us* in meeting the goals of the LDP.

Terry

--
terry@animats.net, terry@linux.org.au, terry@albert.vk2ktj.ampr.org