Re: Sponsorship Funding of the LDP

fyi, this is exactly what the linuxkb has done, built a meta-project that
expands and extends upon the ldp.  the v3 [current] website is not completely
open, as is the derivative CD, but the v4 site/CD will be.
http://linuxkb.cheek.com.

terry@animats.net wrote:

> On 24 Oct, Gary Lawrence Murphy wrote:
>
> > If I were directing the LDP, though, I'd move even closer together. I
> > would have the mandate focus enclusively on Linux education.  It would
> > be "a project to document Linux" and say nothing about ownership.  LDP
> > would be a conduit where any document relating to Linux could be
> > found, whether free, OPL or commercial.  The LDP would be as much a
> > "metadocument" as an actual repository.
>
> Gary, there is absolutely nothing at all stopping you doing that right
> now. Just build a meta-project that includes the LDP.
>
> To want to put the LDP at the top of such a tree I think misses the
> fundamental reason that the LDP was created and exists. The software is
> free, so should the documentation be.
>
> Terry
>
> --
> terry@animats.net, terry@linux.org.au, terry@albert.vk2ktj.ampr.org
>
> --

thanks!

joe

   __ | |_   __   __ | |_      __   __   _____  * Joseph Cheek, President
  / _)|   \ / _) / _)|  _)    / _) /  \ |     | * joseph@cheek.com or
     Cheek Consulting, Inc., provides Linux and Internet solutions
  Caldera OpenLinux networking class - Nov 15th-18th - downtown Seattle