Re: free vs. non-free debate

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Guylhem Aznar wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 02, 1999 at 01:17:22AM +0100, Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl wrote:
>> What happens if someone is offered the ability to get paid for writing
>> free documentation for non-free software? Will you refuse it? Even if this

> I'd like to refuse this document in the LDP.

>> means turning down a good document?

> We can provide links on a "commercial" page to such documents, therefore
> the information will not be lost.

> But it's out of the scope of the LDP.

> Save Mumia Abu Jamal !!                http://ornitho.org/mumia/
> Linux Documentation Project:           http://www.linuxdoc.org
> Clef PGP/PGP key:                      http://oeil.qc.ca/~guylhem
> Chez moi/At home:                      guylhem \@/ oeil.qc.ca

Please note in your signature that this is the "Linux Documentation
Project".  It is not the "GNU Documentation Project" nor is it the
"Debian Documentation Project".

Also note that this a "documentation" project.  It does not infer that
the software under discussion must come from any single source.  The
project pretends to be an aid to users of the Linux kernel, so why all
the furor over what ever the source of the software?

This appears to be another example of the hypocrisy of "liberal"
politicians.  They make a lot of noise about how much they care about
others as long as the others comply to their selfish pursuits.

Believe me, this project is inundated with politicians and few
contributors.

vern

--
Vernon C. Hoxie                                     vern@zebra.alphacdc.com
3975 W. 29th Ave.                                        uucp: 303-455-2670