RE: free vs. non-free debate

I thought that the current version of the SGML tools was available on
www.sgmltools.org.  If you take the time to read the post about the tools
not being maintained, it will reveal a lot, although it's NOT dated, I need
to remember to bug somebody on the SGML tools list about that.

> > I write documents daily using the DocBook DTD, and the LinuxDoc DTD
> > (I think that's the other one), and convert them to HTML and RTF.
> > All of my editing is done in plain text, writing my own tags, using
> > GXedit.
>
> Egads, another editor to learn?

It's a text editor, use whatever you like.  It does NOT have syntax
hightlighting, or anything else.  I only use it because both my <HOME> and
<END> keys work (YAY!).

> >> BTW Tim, where are the "free" postings to
> comp.os.linux.answers?  My
> >> last record is from Mar 25 1998.
>
> > "free" postings?  What are those?
>
> Have you ever heard of "netnews"?

Nope, never heard of it, but I spend about three hours a day reading Deja.
:)

> The comp.os.linux.answers was created for distribution of LDP
> documents.

Is this group moderated?  I never subscribed, because I figured that it was
going to be full of garbage from people posting about stuff that I'm not
interested in.  If it's just for LDP distribution, it's got a really BAD
name.
	Greg