Re: working SGML package

On Sat, 6 Nov 1999, Vern Hoxie wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Nov 199, Greg Ferguson wrote:
>
> > I'd be interested in hearing what you (that's a collective "you";
> > any and all involved) would like to have in an ideal toolset.
>
> If I can respond as a singular "you", here is my ideal toolset.
>
> 1. Breakout "jade" as a separate package.

>From the list you showed it seems clear you interpreted 'toolset' as
'SGMLtool v2.0.x'.

There is nothing to stop you from using jade seperatly. Even more so. It
is unlikely the SGMLtools wil remain as they are now.

It is likely the toolkit will exist of several parts of which jade will be
one. I am working on converting scripts I use now with the sgmltools to
call jade directly instead. The hardest part will be db2txt as it needs
some interim magic. (It will use lynx in the process.)

But this will take time. If they are workable i'll let you know where to
find it. But the pages will be in Dutch as that is my primary objective.
English translation may follow as soon as time permits it.

Hugo.

hvdkooij@caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/