sgml-tools

Hi,

I know I've asked this question before and I think more people have
asked this before. Compiling sgml-tools 1.0.9 is a disaster. Every
single file gives a ton of warnings and won't compile. A while ago my
ssytem was pretty messed up (compiler wise) so I though these problems
were related to the broken compiler. Now that the system is fixed, I
still have this compilation problem. I also have tried to compile the
same archive on several other machines with a negative result.

Please spare your breath if you're going to give suggestions like
'install the Debian/RedHat/whatever package'. Sure, the packages install
fine and the tools work marvelous. But I need to compile the tools
manually for the howto I'm writing (lfs-howto ; how to build your own
self-built linux system -> this means no use of binary packages and such).

The people who maintain packages like the Debian one got the program to
work obviously; so there must be an answer somewhere out there on how
to successfully compile. I'm trying to find that answer. Hopefully
somebody here can give me a hint on how to proceed?

--
Gerard Beekmans