RE: [oswg-dis] Re: reader comments & reviews

Perhaps maintenence issues and speed?  It's harder to maintain links to
someone else's site than it is to maintain internal links, since you never
really know when somebody is going to change something "out there".  As for
speed, I think the quote was something like 209 LDP mirrors worldwide.
Seems to me that if I'm in east Kazakstan, I'd rather download from
someplace in Russisa than from the USA.  Good for the internet overall.  The
other issue that I just thought of is that some sites don't provide any way
to link into their content, so basically you say "it's on this site
someplace, go find it".  I'm pretty sure that the OSWG site isn't so badly
managed, but it's an issue in general for linking to other sites.
	Greg