Re: LDP integration with LWN and Freshmeat

Guylhem Aznar wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 10:57:27AM +0100, Stein Gjoen wrote:
> > Freshmeat people first. They have a ticker service for outgoing
> > news so I would hazard the guess they would not have any
> > problems with a reverse process. Before that we also need to
> > get feedback from the HOWTO authors already registered to see
> > if they wish to join in an automated approach or remain with
> > the manuyal submission system. So how about it, what do you
> > feel? Your actual experience with Freshmeat in practice would
> > also be useful.

It does look like none of the Freshmeat-using authors are
on this list, or are they?

> I think we don't have a fully automated submit ; however each document
> shows on ldp-submit and this could be helpful : maybe a freshmeat or lwn
> member could submit to the list and post updates?

> We could else write an app to post the first lines of each submitted
> document (but since ldp-submit is an open mailing list it could cause
> problems ; we need a sort of moderation before posting the announces)

Ticker service is all the rage these days and it is a neat way
of allowing others to re-publish hot news from a site. I would
therefore propose we settle on a format, starting by looking at
the ticker at Freshmeat:
	http://freshmeat.net/backend/

It would seem logical that accepted and uploaded updates
are listed rather than taking it from the ldp-submit list.

News seems to be admin news and docyment news all in one
page, the front page. Are there any pages available that
separates these?

Regards,
   Stein Gjoen