RE: Slashdot reply (draft 0.2)

Well, I was going to reply to this eariler, but things got ugly on Friday.
I've put a couple of comments below.

[snip]
> > another output, just like the html and ps versions.
> >
> > Since 2 persons also asked a pdf output I'm also working on that.
>
> ...2 people also asked for a pdf...

persons is also proper english grammar in this sentence, just less used.

[snip]

> I agree with Greg Leblanc that this is totally bassackwards.

I'm going to start another thread on document structure, and perhaps pull
automated document updates into that as well.  For the time being, let's not
argue it as part of the /. reply.  When we've examined the issues in a
little more detail, then we can /. it, but for now it's more important to
respond to the questions and comments to the announcement.

[snip]

> > Then please a license compatible with our requirements (GNU Free
>
> Please us a licence compatable...

Please use a...

[snip]
> > Sorry for this long reply, we would like to help the
> community the best
> > we can but writing documentation is not as sexy as writing
> software, and
> > documentation or authors themselves are poorly considered (quoting a
> > slashdotter: "Honestly, how many users want to read
> documentation? How
> > many of them see a fat manual and feel happy?")
>
> I think this can be better written as:
>
> Sorry for the long reply. We would like to help the Linux community as
> much as we can, but writing documentation is not seen as
> being as sexy as
> writing software. Documentation or authors often don't get as
> much credit.
> (quoting a slashdotter: "Honestly, how many users want to read
> documentation? How many of them see a fat manual and feel happy?")

Actually, the colon ':' is inappropraite there.  To make things flow,
perhaps something like (To quote a slashdotter, "Honestly, how many users
want to read documentation? How many of them see a fat manual and feel
happy?")
(well, my English teacher wouldn't like that either, but she's probably not
reading this)

> It might be nice to add something about just using the LDP
> and submitting
> bg reports and suggestions are also good ways to participate
> in the LDP.

I thought that we had made a comment about that, but maybe that was the
announcement...
	Greg