[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: PDFs [ was Unidentified subject! ]
>>>>> Guylhem Aznar <email@example.com> writes:
> Please also try the pdf on other-formats/pdf ... they look neat!
They do look neat, but there are some glitches:
- The gzipped pdf files return as type application/x-gzip or
something, so they don't just pop up in a pdf viewer. I was under
the impression that PDFs were already compressed; why gzip them?
- My HOWTO has part of Section 1/Introduction on page 4, and then
zaps to Section 10/Network on page 5. Everything in between (which
ought to be tens of pages) is apparently missing.
- Nested description lists are horribly broken. They work everywhere
else! Pages 29-38 of my doc are one big nested list, which should
look like this:
Printer1, Printer2, Printer3...
- The right margin is ragged and seems too narrow on some pages. The
text also looks a bit off-center. Maybe it's A4 formatting on
- Section title 10.6 includes one italicized word ("if"). After it
there is not a italic-correction space, so the if is too close to
the next word. This is not true of normal TeX output; what
- The navigation bars (\hline next prev contents...\hline) seem ugly
and completely redundant, since the PDF file is fully structured,
with the TOC tree visible in the acrobat navigation pane. The
navbars also tend to get broken across pages in funny ways. I
think you should just remove them.
- Some of the intra-document links are broken. In the short TOC, for
example, the main section titles are links to things like
Printing-HOWTO-11.html, which won't work.
Oh, wait, I've got it: sections 2-9 aren't missing, the document is
just sorted alphabetically instead of numerically! It's:
Grant Taylor - firstname.lastname@example.org - http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/
Linux Printing HOWTO: http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/pht/
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org