Re: Feedback

Hi,

> Hi, I am having a issue here and some people on #linuxhelp Undernet network pointed me to you guys.

They tend to do that a lot (I'll have a talk with them today - I know a
few of the people there) but this certainly is not the right place. This
'place' (the ldp-discuss mailinglist) only deals with the Linux
(mini)HOWTOs that are maintained by The Linux Documentation Project
(LDP) and we don't deal with Linux questions on this list.

> I have a ISA modem; Motorola VoiceSURFR 56K Internal PnP... and well  simply put, I am having some difficulty getting it setup.  I have tried (I think) every COM port (if that is what that /dev/ttyS0 and other listings in KPPP Setup under the KDE desktop are) and all I seem to get for a response is "Modem is Busy" or "Sorry, the modem did not respond."

Is this a socalled Winmodem? If so, then you'll have a hard time, almost
an impossible time to get it to work. You want to start going to
http://www.linmodem.org/ to see if there is a Linux driver available for
this winmodem (that is, if it is a winmodem).

If it's not a winmodem, are you able to change the IRQ and base address
by changing jumpers on the modem itself?

--
TTS Linux Solutions
Gerard Beekmans