[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: cvs development
>>>>> Gregory Leblanc <GLeblanc@cu-portland.edu> writes:
>> Right now, I have an unusual build procedure that involves a few Perl
>> scripts, a database extraction, funky CVS checkout options, and so on.
>> I'm not sure how this can fit in with a nightly build on metalab...
> I don't follow you here. Can you tell me/show me what you are talking
My document has one section which is a summary of the support status
for all the printers in my database. When I do a commit, the
- A checkout happens with the -kv flag to get rid of the $..$ around
the version and date.
- A Perl program queries my SQL database and builds a linuxdoc-sgml
summary of the contents.
- Another Perl program preprocesses "src.sgml" into "pht.sgml"; this
mainly consists of #including the database summary
- All the usual sgml2foo stuff happens
- The text one gets cat -s'ed to remove all those blank lines.
- The built files are copied to my website.
- The preprocessed pht.sgml file is mailed to the ldp and various
- Everything in the build dir is blown away since it hasn't got $..$
on the RCS id strings.
Grant Taylor - firstname.lastname@example.org - http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/
Linux Printing HOWTO: http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/pht/
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org