Re: Mini-HOWTOs?

On Feb 18,  5:31pm, Stein Gjoen wrote:
> Subject: Re: Mini-HOWTOs?
>

> Greg Ferguson wrote:
>

> > HTML only (no SGML)
> > ===================
> > Boca
> > Cyrus-IMAP
> > Diald
> > GIS-GRASS
> > GTEK-BBS-550
> > Hard-Disk-Upgrade
> > IP-Alias
> > Kerneld
> > Leased-Line
> > Linux+Win95
> > Linux-Modem-Sharing
> > Man-Page
> > Modules
> > NFS-Root-Client
> > Netscape+Proxy
> > Pre-Installation-Checklist
> > Process-Accounting
> > Proxy-ARP-Subnet
> > SLIP-PPP-Emulator
> > Small-Memory
>
> Looking at the list above and the index page
> 	http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX-3.html#ss3.2
> I find the above HTML-only mini-HOWTOs missing from the index.
> On perusing the true index
> 	http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/
> I see they are there after all.

When I found out some of those were missing (HTML) I added them
"by hand". They did not get put into the HOWTO-INDEX; they are
part of the sorted HOWTOs index pages.

> On sampling the Man-Page mini-HOWTO I find the
> archived version is dated July 1998 whereas the newest at
> 	http://www.shuttle.de/schweikh/man_page_howto.html
> is dated January 2000.
>
> Do we have a breakdown in the processing?

Without a doubt. Recall this was the first processing run we have
ever done w/DocBook HOWTOs, and yes, there are glitches. Yes, there
are many things that still need to be straightened out.

Guylhem, will there be fixes for the ASCII and PDF variants?

--
Greg Ferguson     - s/w engr / mtlhd         | gferg@sgi.com
SGI Tech Pubs     - http://techpubs.sgi.com  | 410-785-2334