About docbook format

Hi,

The howto i write is written linuxdoc (still - am converting to
docbook). I've downloaded the docbook-sgml version from the ldp site and
compared it to the sgml version that Lyx creates. I'm not able to
convert the Lyx version of the sgml file to anything else using
sgmltools. Though I can use the ldp version of the sgml file to convert
it to anything else using sgmltools.

This is the error jade gives when running sgmltools on the lyx version:
/usr/sgml2/bin/jade:<OSFD>0:2:1:W: cannot generate system identifier for public text "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V3.1//EN"

The fist lines of the lyx version of the sgml file is as follows:
<!doctype article public "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V3.1//EN"
 [ <!entity header system "header.sgml">

]>

Whereas the ldp version looks like:
<!DOCTYPE Article PUBLIC "-//Davenport//DTD DocBook V3.0//EN">

The LDP version uses some other tags as well (like <pubdate> opposed to
just <date> that lyx generates).

Is this a problem with sgmltools2 (or jade that comes with it) or with
Lyx?

Which converter is used by you guys to convert linuxdoc to docbook? As
the output of that converter does work here, that might be a solution. I
could continue to write in linuxdoc and that program/script converts it
to docbook. Though it's very far from desirable, it's at least something
to start with.

I guess I could start writing docbook sgml files by hand but that would
be the last thing I would want to do.

--
TTS Linux Solutions
Gerard Beekmans