Linux Expo North America

Press Release, For immediate release

MONTREAL'S LINUX EXPO NORTH AMERICA
ITS SUCCESS LEADS THE WAY TO AN AMERICAN TOUR
THE EVENT WILL RETURN TO MONTREAL IN 2001

Montreal, April 18, 2000  -  The first ever Linux Expo North America was a
marked success.  Close to 4,500 visitors made their way through the snow storm
to attend the Expo at Palais des Congrès.  The slight shortfall in the number of
visitors due to Mother Nature's whimsy was more than made up for in the
discernible quality of visitors.  The success of this first edition set the tone
for future shows in Toronto in October and in Montreal in April 2001.

"The comments we've received from the majority of our 102 exhibitors confirm
that our choice of quality versus quantity of visitors, was indeed the best
strategy for positioning our event as one of the great shows in the Linux North
America circuit" declared Stéphane Labrouche, V.P. and Director General of Sky
Events, show organizers.  "A targeted audience provides greater business
potential for the exhibitors" he added.  This point was brought home to us by
Bill Weinberg, Marketing Director for MontaVista Software, one of the larger
exhibitors.  He explained  "We gathered 150 quality leads here and plan to
develop these contacts into strong business alliances.  Our participation in the
last Linux World Expo in New York, had opened doors for us but nothing compared
to what we accomplished in Montreal."

The exhibitors and hundred of journalists praised the outstanding quality and
professionalism of show organizers.  "The organization is flawless on all
levels.  Comdex organizers could learn a lot from these people" stated Melissa
London in charge of Public Relations for Red Hat.  "It is our goal to organize
shows that are conducive to building strong business alliances at a lesser cost
that what can be found in the States" declares Stéphane Labrouche, "We have
blended our organization's commitment to quality with Montreal's cordial and
friendly atmosphere."  A winning combination that will undoubtedly pave the way
to future successful events.

Linux Expo North America is already scheduled to take place in Montreal from
April 10 to 12, 2001.  In the meantime, the event will be held in Sao Paulo June
20 and 21, 2000 and at Toronto's Metro Convention Center October 30, 31 and
November 1, 2000.

Linux Expo is organized by the Sky Events Group, organizer of the Linux Expo
shows in Paris and around the world (Madrid, Toronto, Sao Paulo, Shanghai).
Further information is available at www.linuxexpocanada.com  or by calling (514)
842-2221.

                                                    ####

Media Relations: Catherine Corne, C.C.C.P. Tel:  (514) 849-0760