[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Questions about future
We still need to:
* cleanup/provide a decent "authors" area.
This includes the updated HOWTO(s) for authoring guidelines and
the submittal process. More info on DocBook (Jorge's HOWTO,
in released form). Links to tools/packages with instructions
on usage (I think Mark is going to work on including this in
the HOWTO HOWTO).
* get the CVS repository fully-functional.
* think about how best to provide readers a way to comment/provide
feedback about specific documents; how to route this back to the
* continued process improvements in building docs.
* make sure we have SGML instances for all documents (mark-up
assistance is needed!).
* provide a browse-by-category mechanism (ie Networks -> modems, etc).
* man pages...I've been asked to provide copies of man pages on
the LDP (in HTML; and possibly available as PDF, combined into sections)
form(s). This would make man pages searchable, etc. I think it
would be a valuable addition to the LDP.
Plenty to do.
Greg Ferguson - s/w engr / mtlhd | firstname.lastname@example.org
SGI Tech Pubs - http://techpubs.sgi.com |
Linux Doc Project - http://www.linuxdoc.org |
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org