RE: Something I would like to see (rant warning)

It IS, right there in the resource for authors, the HOWTO-HOWTO.

> of course sgml/docbook MUST stay the "official source" and
> with lyx (or
> for that sake, any linudoc/docbook text processor) keeps
> clean of bugs.

I think that the HOWTO-HOWTO is writting using LyX, so you can take a look
at the SGML source for it, and see that it is good SGML source.  So if you
want to, use LyX as long as you can submit your well-formed SGML document
using either the DocBook or LinuxDoc DTD, we don't care how you get it
there, except that we would like to make it as easy as possible.
	Greg