[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: experimental release of linuxdoc-tools (based on sgml-tools 1.0.9)
- To: Taketoshi Sano <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: experimental release of linuxdoc-tools (based on sgml-tools 1.0.9)
- From: Adam Di Carlo <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 16 May 2000 21:51:31 -0400
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com (Cees de Groot), Guylhem Aznar <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, JF@linux.or.jp
- In-reply-to: Taketoshi Sano's message of "Wed, 17 May 2000 09:24:53 +0900"
- References: <20000517092453B.email@example.com>
- Resent-date: Tue, 16 May 2000 21:52:06 -0400 (EDT)
- Resent-from: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-message-id: <gXRDEC.A.WTG.ysfI5@murphy>
- Resent-sender: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: Gnus/5.0803 (Gnus v5.8.3) Emacs/20.5
Taketoshi Sano <email@example.com> writes:
> I have put a source archive of modified sgml-tools 1.0.9
> with the name of linuxdoc-tools.
Why? Seems like this would cause confusion at this point..
> I have changed the command name of sgml-tools (main binary)
> to "linuxdoc", and added new option "--backend / -b", following
> the way of SGML-Tools v2 and SGMLTools-Lite.
> I have tried to change the name of other commands (sgmlcheck and
> sgml2xxxx), because "sgml" does not mean "linuxdoc" only.
> But I found that it does not keep backward-compatibility (this
> is the main reason to maintain the tool for Linuxdoc DTD), and
> it may break the user's scripts, so I revered their name to
> original sgmlcheck and sgml2xxxx.
Better to retain backwards compat., yes.
> When users will be familiar with the option "--backend / -b" and
> will not rely on old "sgml2xxx" commands, then these commands
> can be dropped, I hope.
I dunno -- retaining backwards compatability should be something we
do... I don't see the need to change it.
> Source archive and unofficial experimental Debian package for
> linuxdoc-tools can be downloaded from:
> Source Archive: 629272 linuxdoc-tools_0.3.5.orig.tar.gz
> Debian releated files:
> 8986 linuxdoc-tools_0.3.5-1.diff.gz
> 648 linuxdoc-tools_0.3.5-1.dsc
> 1016 linuxdoc-tools_0.3.5-1_i386.changes
> 217826 linuxdoc-tools_0.3.5-1_i386.deb
> I also put the source achive into
> but it may take a few days before it comes up there.
> Please check it and report the bugs in it to me. Thanks.
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onShore.com.....<URL:http://www.onShore.com/>
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com