[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: experimental release of linuxdoc-tools (based on sgml-tools 1.0.9)
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: experimental release of linuxdoc-tools (based on sgml-tools 1.0.9)
- From: Adam Di Carlo <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 17 May 2000 10:25:26 -0400
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, JF@linux.or.jp
- In-reply-to: Taketoshi Sano's message of "Wed, 17 May 2000 19:11:21 +0900"
- References: <20000517092453B.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20000517191121G.email@example.com>
- Resent-date: Wed, 17 May 2000 10:26:19 -0400 (EDT)
- Resent-from: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-message-id: <bkAd5B.A.Eo.0vqI5@murphy>
- Resent-sender: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: Gnus/5.0803 (Gnus v5.8.3) Emacs/20.5
Taketoshi Sano <email@example.com> writes:
> Adam Di Carlo <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> > Taketoshi Sano <email@example.com> writes:
> > > I have put a source archive of modified sgml-tools 1.0.9
> > > with the name of linuxdoc-tools.
> > Why? Seems like this would cause confusion at this point..
> Because I have heard that current sgml-tools v1 & v2 do
> cause the confusion among users / writers in LDP.
> I think "sgml-tools" should mean the work provided by Cees,
> and it has been v2, the tools for DocBook.
> I am afraid that if I release the new "sgml-tools" 1.0.10,
> or newer version, then users / writers will get into more
> confusion. The bug-fixed version of sgml-tools v1, will
> keep to be the tools for LinuxDoc DTD, so Linuxdoc-Tools
> are better name for it to avoid the confusion, I think.
You have a good point.
> But if you, Adam, or Cees, advise me to use the name of
> "SGML-Tools-V1", then I will follow you.
> Please let me know how I should do.
I don't know what Cees thinks but I'm fine with the rename.
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onShore.com.....<URL:http://www.onShore.com/>
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com