RE: Work Machine - Part2

I'm sure it's still under consideration, but why?  Assuming that you do a
reasonably decent job setting up security, it would be pretty darn hard for
people to get anywhere.  My thoughts on accounts for authors would be that
they get a shell with access to the LDP processing scripts, and perhaps
webspace/ftpspace where they can upload/download their sgml and the output
produced from it.  We certainly shouldn't allowing plain-text passwords
transmitted over the wire.  Yeah, with more people on the server there's
more of a chance that somebody hacks it and breaks something, but with a
decent security policy that shouldn't be much of an issue.  And with 200
mirrors worldwide, and I'm assuming some sort of tape-backup with reasonably
secure storage, I'd think that we could recover from an attack without too
much hassle.
	Greg