More graphics questions

I've spent the afternoon trying to make TeX/DVI/PDF output from
my HOWTO-HOWTO only to find I should be using .eps files instead
of .jpg for TeX/DVI/PDF output.  Which leads me to the question:

When authors submit their HOWTOs, should they include both .jpg
and .eps, just the .jpg, or what?  The .eps are easily 10 times
the size, making the contents of the H-H almost 2MB in size.
And that's with just three images.

-Mark