Re: Emacs minor mode for DocBook

Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> [...]

The Docbook mode, like the psgml mode, are intended to work with
elements and attributes, and some other *low level* things.

What I would like to do is a minor mode (using the PSGML mode), which
deals with some higher level entities, like an header, a section, a list
and its items, a figure, a key sequence, and so on.

As an example, the functions I have written at this time are :

   howto-new-document
   howto-insert-section
   howto-insert-itemized-list
   howto-insert-numbered-list
   howto-insert-figure
   howto-insert-email
   howto-insert-key-sequence
   howto-insert-quote
   howto-insert-url

All these functions query through the minibuffer, when needed, some
information, like the title, the author firstname, surname and email,
the pubdate and the abstract for howto-new-document.

This way, the author of an howto when he uses one of these functions,
knows that the insertion will be correct for an howto.

For example, howto-insert-figure uses the <imageobject> construct,
instead of the deprecated <figure> construct, so an author, when he uses
this function, is in harmony with the recommandations of the group.

It could also be interesting to have some functions that /automagically/
insert searchable terms, indexed terms, ... when search tools and
indexation tools are defined.

howto.el : http://feloy.free.fr/howto.el
-
Philippe Martin