Re: My first draft submission of Bash-Scripting HOWTO

Hello,

It sounds good to me. What is a URL I can look at the HOWTO with?

On Fri, 30 Jun 2000, M. Leo Cooper wrote:

<CITE>A couple of weeks back I submitted the first draft of a "Bash-Scripting
<CITE>HOWTO" in text format (gzipped as an attachment). To date, I haven't
<CITE>heard any feedback from the LDP, not even an acknowledgement of receipt.
<CITE>
<CITE>Since then, I have learned of a possible complication. Looking at the newly
<CITE>submitted updates section of the LDP site, I saw that Mike G
<CITE>(mikkey@dynamo.com.ar), had posted version 0.07 of his "BASH Programming -
<CITE>Introduction HOW-TO", dated 22 June 2000 (about a week after my own
<CITE>submission). I e-mailed Mike G, asking to discuss this, but have received no
<CITE>answer.
<CITE>
<CITE>To resolve any potential confusion, I will rename my own proposed HOWTO as the
<CITE>"Advanced Bash-Scripting HOWTO", since there is not actually all that much
<CITE>overlap in subject matter. These two HOWTOs could actually be considered
<CITE>complementary.
<CITE>
<CITE>What say you people?
<CITE>
<CITE>Thanks.
<CITE>
<CITE>
<CITE>Mendel
<CITE>
<CITE>
<CITE>
<CITE>--
<CITE>To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to ldp-discuss-request@lists.debian.org
<CITE>

<COMPANY>CommandPrompt	- http://www.commandprompt.com	</COMPANY>
<PROJECT>OpenDocs, LLC.	- http://www.opendocs.org	</PROJECT>
<PROJECT>LinuxPorts 	- http://www.linuxports.com     </PROJECT>
<WEBMASTER>LDP		- http://www.linuxdoc.org	</WEBMASTER>
--
Instead of asking why a piece of software is using "1970s technology,"
start asking why software is ignoring 30 years of accumulated wisdom.