Re: comp.os.linux.answers problems

Stein Gjoen <sgjoen@mail.nyx.net> wrote:

> As you all have heard there was a plan to restart traffic by the LDP on
> the newsgroup news:comp.os.linux.announce some time ago. Nothing has
> appeared. Several of us have attempted on a number of occations to send
> material and also to contact the newsgroup moderator
> mailto:linux-answers@news.ornl.gov to no avail.

If the moderator of comp.os.linux.answers has disappeared or isn't
answering his mail, the best solution would be to replace him. Is there
a volunteer? I'm a regular participant in news.groups and can take care
of the formal requirements to change moderators.

If you're interested in volunteering, please read:

Moderated Newsgroups FAQ
http://www.swcp.com/~dmckeon/mod-faq.html

Pitfalls of Newsgroup Moderation
http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/mod-pitfalls.html

However, I think that moderating an "answers" group is much less work
than moderating a "discussion" group.

--
Yves Bellefeuille <yan@storm.ca>, Ottawa, Canada
Francais / English / Esperanto