[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
License policy proposal
Project for the new license policy of the LDP :
- accept free document (i.e. released under either GFDL or OPL -A
- accept other document with a proheminent "non free" tag section
the authors accept an agreement indicating :
- they currently allow "non commercial redistribution"
- they do not include any advertisement at all, in any format
- they do not include more that 200 chars. of what could be
considered as "self promotion"
* "If you would like me to write something for you I will for a
* "Come check out our GREAT technical writing capability!!! I'm
-> NO WAY !!!
- they do allow to be re-released under either GFDL or OPL -A -
maintainance/updates/enhancement reasons when the
- decides not to update it any longer
- declare the document unmaintained
- can not be reached any longer
- releases a new and updated copy of the document/book
distributed under a non commercial license
If a document goes longer than 12 months without at a
minimum maintanence/release, it will be considered unmaintained.
The obvious exception to this, is that if the document covers a
specific software version. For example, many people still run
Postgres 6.4.2, but 6.4.2 is over a year old.
Vous avez un site perso ?
2 millions de francs à gagner sur i(france) !
Webmasters : ZE CONCOURS ! http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/concours.emailif
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com