Re: Source files of guides

>and Optimizing Linux: Red hat Edition" in MS Word source.  Can't MS
>Word be converted (using MS Word) to HTML?  Also I would like to see
>it cover other distributions, not just RedHat.

We are currently in negotiation to provide several versions. However,
currently RedHat is number 1 in the US. That makes the readership very
high.

The next version will probably be SuSe with Mandrake following. Of course
you are welcome to send updates to the document that we will add if they
are applicable.

>Also, in the proposed manifesto we say we want plain text and HTML
>formats for people who have old hardware or are visually impaired.
>But the above "Securing ..." guide doesn't have these formats.

Nope. It doesn't.

<COMPANY>CommandPrompt	- http://www.commandprompt.com	</COMPANY>
<PROJECT>OpenDocs, LLC.	- http://www.opendocs.org	</PROJECT>
<PROJECT>LinuxPorts 	- http://www.linuxports.com     </PROJECT>
<WEBMASTER>LDP		- http://www.linuxdoc.org	</WEBMASTER>
--
Instead of asking why a piece of software is using "1970s technology,"
start asking why software is ignoring 30 years of accumulated wisdom.