Re: tag for translators?

Hi.

In <20001128230545.A27933@kldp.org>,
  on Tue, 28 Nov 2000 23:05:45 +0900,
    on Re: tag for translators?,
 ±Ç¼ø¼± <kss@kldp.org> wrote:

> p.s. Is there any non-English speaking volunteer translators or
> local LDP maintainters in this mailing list?
> If so, please let me know how you process the translator's name.

I think there are some Japanese translators in this list.

Recently, we, JF project, tried to translate the Program-Library-HOWTO
(and docbook-intro before that), encountered this difficulties.

We now avoid the issue using authorgroup and another author element in
it with honorific.  These combination can be shown up on html output
with the standard stylesheet.

But othercredit with translator role <othercredit role='translator'>
which Norman Walsh suggested, is of course the better way.

If the LDP can provide the correct stylesheet example to show them
up on html/text or other output, then we JF project follows that way,
I think.  (Currently we have been struggling to make our document
processing system docbook-ready yet.)

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>