Re: date formats

On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 09:16:44AM -0500, Mark Komarinski wrote:
> Stein Gjoen wrote:
> >
> > Sandy Harris wrote:
> > [snip]
> >
> > > http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-time.html
> >
> > [a number of good points snipped...]
> >
> > Since SGML is supposed to help authors follow a strict grammar, why not
> > use it to the fullest here? How about something like this:
> > <date>
> >  <year>2000</year>
> >  <month>12</month>
> >  <date>11</date>
> > </date>
> >
> [..]
> > If you are used to SGML the added verbosity should not be a problem.
> > This then also simplifies date reformatting into style used in other
> > countries.
> >

> I've been lurking only because there hasn't been any really good ideas yet.
>
> Till now.
>
> I like this.

I like it too, but I can't see it happening. Anybody that wants to
petition for it in db is welcome to try, I suppose, but in the
meanwhile, can we start using YYYY-MM-DD?

Linux Documentation Project                dmerrill@lupercalia.net
                                       Finger me for my public key

compuberty, n:
	The uncomfortable period of emotional and hormonal changes a
	computer experiences when the operating system is upgraded and
	a sun4 is put online sharing files.