Re: Hi! (And some questions, of course)

Hello Luis

I'm kinda having the smae problems. I too can't render to anything in a
decent manner, however, the html output I get here looks pretty ok. I used
the tools exactly like the LDP Author guide said a few weeks ago (don't
know if it changed). But for that, I only use jade, not sgmltools or the
compiles-sgml script.
The command I use looks like this:

/usr/local/sgml/jade-1.2.1/jade/jade -t sgml -i html -d
/usr/local/sgml/stylesheets/ldp.dsl#html document.sgml

I remember I had to modify the ldp.dsl to make sure the correct docbook.dsl
file was found, as the paths in the default lpd.dsl file didn't match the
location of my docbook.dsl file.

The top of the document no looks like this:

------------------
<!DOCTYPE style-sheet PUBLIC "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style Sheet//EN" [
<!ENTITY % html "IGNORE">
<![%html;[
<!ENTITY % print "IGNORE">
<!ENTITY docbook.dsl SYSTEM
"/usr/local/sgml/dsssl/docbook/html/docbook.dsl" CDATA dsssl>
]]>
<!ENTITY % print "INCLUDE">
<![%print;[
<!ENTITY docbook.dsl SYSTEM
"/usr/local/sgml/dsssl/docbook/print/docbook.dsl" CDATA dsssl>
]]>
]>

Hope this helps to get you along with at least the html..
The output of ps and dvi and the like looks reasonable on my system, apart
from a few major things that go wrong (like tables)...

oh, FYI, it's a stock RH 6.2 system..

Good luck!

roel

--
Linvision BV                  tel: 015-2600433
Delftechpark 26               fax: 015-2600405