Re: Moving to DocBook 4.1?

    Luis> Someone in my lug has actually made up some really nice 4.1
    Luis> .deb files, and I've been sort of itching to try them, but
    Luis> I'm really unsure about what exactly the differences are
    Luis> between 3.1 and 4.1 and what I should expect to see change
    Luis> if I do switch over. Is anyone here knowledgeable enough
    Luis> about the differences to give a reasonably lucid explanation
    Luis> to a (pretty much) DocBook newbie? Of course, just a pointer
    Luis> to a URL (it must exist somewhere) would be fine...

There were some interesting features added. Mainly for function
markup. You can take a look at http://docbook.org (there's a link to
OASIS there --- OASIS is the official maintainer of DocBook, with the
DocBook TC).

I've been using 4.1 for a while and the output I get is the same as in
3.1 (as expected). Some tag names have changed (e.g. articleheader
changed to articleinfo).

Regards,
--
Godoy. <godoy@conectiva.com>

Departamento de Publicações       Conectiva S.A.
Publishing Department             Conectiva Inc.