Re: Nicer looking printouts?

    MK> o)  The ToC is repeated.  Once with page numbers, one without.  I think
    MK> this is a holdover from the HTML output.

Hmmm... Weird. How are you creating these files?
Mine works OK.

    MK> o)  Each subsection gets its own page.  While I like having a 101 page
    MK> guide, it can probably fit in 50 (25 if I duplex).  Since I like using
    MK> a lot of subsections, there's a lot of white space.

You have to comment (i.e. use ';;' at the beginning of the line) the
following line at ldp.dsl:

(define (chunk-skip-first-element-list)
  '())

    MK> o)  The title page just lists the..title.  No authors or date.  The page looks
    MK> real bare.

Hmmm...
Mine has the document title and its authors.

    MK> I can't use HTML because the page numbers and ToC won't work right.  Any ideas?

Actually, the page index index is generated (usually, when you use
Jadetex) with a Perl script that parses HTML output (collateindex.pl)

Mark, I think that these problems are htmldoc's fault, and not our
DSSSL stylesheet or system. If it's really happening at LDP, we need
to fix it ASAP (either fixing htmldoc or installing tetex and
jadetex...)

See you,
--
Godoy. <godoy@conectiva.com>

Departamento de Publicações       Conectiva S.A.
Publishing Department             Conectiva Inc.