Re: Information on the history of jade and openjade

From:  Matthias Clasen
<clasen@pong.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>
05/29/00 09:10

         Re: opejade and OpenSP
     To:
         camille@mandrakesoft.com
     CC:
         jade-devel@infomansol.com

The history is as follows: Originally there was sp by James Clark.
Then James developed jade on top of sp, but the jade package shipped
by him contained  the complete sp suite, thus it was a strange 2-in-1
package. After the release of openjade-1.3, the openjade team has
decided
to split this beast into two separate packages again, OpenSP and
OpenJade.
But while the separate OpenSP package has already been released, we
have not yet released an 'sp-free' version of OpenJade to go with it.
And unfortunately, the newest OpenSP sources from CVS (1.5-pre4) are
no longer binary compatible with the released versions of OpenJade,
since we changed the size of fundamental data types. Hopefully
we can at least manage to produce an interim OpenJade version
which works with the latest opensp soon...

Matthias

--
Matthias Clasen,
Tel. 0761/203-5606

--
Get your head off the keyboard and look behind the screen.