Re: Cyrillic HOWTO: raised from the dead (unmaintained)

On Dec 11, 10:52pm, Alexander L. Belikoff wrote:
> Subject: Cyrillic HOWTO: raised from the dead (unmaintained)
>
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm resuming my work on the Cyrillic HOWTO. As of now, my priority #1
> would be converting it to DocBook. Since I am definitely not up to
> date w/ the current state of things in the LDP (as well as not
> familiar w/ DocBook), I'll appreciate all kinds of tips/pointers
> related to the process (especially conversion tools). Since the two
> DTDs are so different manual conversion would take some time...

Here are some pointers to help you get going:

  Start with the LDP Author Guide:

    http://www.linuxdoc.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/

  In our "author's resources" area

   http://www.linuxdoc.org/authors/index.html#resources

  There are pointers to various helpful documents/books
  including:

   DocBook: The Definitive Guide, by Norman Walsh and Leonard Muellner
   http://docbook.org/tdg/html/docbook.html

   Godoy's DocBook SGML/XML reference page, (Jorge Godoy)
   http://www.ibiblio.org/godoy/

  and there also pointers to downloadable template files for
  HOWTOs (in DocBook and Linuxdoc SGML).

If you have any questions, let me know.

r,

Greg Ferguson     - s/w engr / mtlhd         | gferg at sgi.com